Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rat race

''You see doctor, God didn't kill that little girl. Fate didn't butcher her, and destiny didn't feed her to those dogs. If God saw what any of us did, he didn't seem to mind. God doesn't make the world this way. We do.''
 
 Today I called an old friend of mine and went outside to have a nice cup of coffee. Too much stress is bad for my health, and with the cloudy weather leaving it's place for the sun to fit in, it was a nice opportunity.

 Amongst the staff we discussed, was the situation in Syria. Having a few relatives there he knew first hand the situation. Even though I've seen some of the footage online, and I was already shocked of the atrocities taking place, I could never believe that they would take it to that level. Their army broke into houses and executed infants under the excuse that they were kin and offspring of the rebels.

 I could never imagine that even though we live in a rather advanced age, we would bring back biblical tyrants. Even in a war, their is morality, there should be. Instead our species is calling genocide 'collateral damage'.

 Killing in the name of idealism, you should be expecting to be killed in the name of the opposition. By oppressing the mass, you should be expecting a violent eruption. Control is an illusion, and the only way to escape this illusion, is lose it.


1 comment:

  1. Always listened to DD back when I use to lift all the time, kind of have a more laid back style now but they are a sick band.

    I always fight for the idea that all ideas should be allowed to be expressed whether they are favorable to the majority or not. Too much idealism can end in violence, I think things are getting better though.

    ReplyDelete