Thursday, January 12, 2012

Epicentre

 Yesterday my girlfriend showed up and picked me up from work. I got really excited not only for seeing her, but also for having a bottle of Jagermeister with her. We rode a bus that took as some miles outside the town, in a small city with no points of interest other than a small port. We picked up some woods and started a small fire in the beach to keep us warm, the cold and humidity were really reaching our bones.

 Fire, alcohol and cuddling were keeping our bodies warm. We kept talking about us, how everything started and where we are going. I kinda enjoy these kind of conversations, it's part of being in a relationship. There was no more of that Jagermeister for several hours, and we kept looking at the sky, feeling poetic.

 ''You know'', I said, ''the stars are so far that the light needs decades to reach us. Some of them are already dead and all we see is their last breath..''

 ''What if all the stars have gone out?'' she replied ,''What if there is nothing left but us?... God's last work, he made us and then killed himself... Doesn't it make you sad, to realize, how alone we really are?''

Thinking of that I got goosebumps. I instantly imaniged the endless ocean, calm and beautiful, the high mountains, silent and strong, the pure forests, fresh and cool.. Are we really alone? The last species to witness the creator's final deeds?

 The sun is coming up, the fire is out and we're almost asleep one in other's arms. We get up and go to the bus station to catch the first one back to the city. We were sleeping the whole time until we got back, a kind of depression hit me once I got home, as if there is so much to feel and I deliberately deprive myself of them..


18 comments:

  1. when we find and feel the real love we will never be alone again even and without the things or the persons we loved... ( my english sucks but you ve got the piont i think :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep and romantic, you two must be quite the couple. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky for you that your experience with Jägermeister went like that... I cant remember my last one :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all had jager exeprience, it tends to send me on some sort of indian vision quest

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was very... eloquent. Never forget to cherish life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it seemed romantic yet sad to me, more like dust in the wind than astral romance...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very deeply thoughts, I think most of jagermeister experiences should be like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only jager experience I had was a terrible one. :/

      retronomy.net

      Delete
  9. Everyone's had a jager experience, nice post!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weed is a heck of a drug.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh alcohol why can't you be like this more of the time, nice blog by the way, followed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If your ever in south america try ayahuasca. Now following.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post here, will be following this for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotta love alcohol. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jaegermiester is the one! now following!

    ReplyDelete