Monday, September 26, 2011

Like tears in the rain


 She shivers in the wind like the last leaf on a dying tree. I let her hear my footsteps. She only goes stiff for a moment.

 ''Care for a smoke?'' I asked.

 ''Sure I'll take one.''

 She picked up one and put it on her lips, waited for me to light it, looking at me with that great radiating stare.

 ''Are you as bored by that croud as I am?'' she said..

 ''I didn't come here for the party. I came here for you. I've watched you for days. You're everything a man could ever want. It's not your face, your figure or your voice... It's your eyes. All the things I see in your eyes.''

 ''What is it you see in my eyes?''

 ''I see a crazy calm. You are sick of running. You are ready to face what you have to face. But you don't want to face her alone.''

 ''No.. I don't want to face it alone.''

 The wind rises electric. I hold her tight. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is a sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be alright. That I'll save her from whatever she's scared of and take her far far away. I tell her.. that I love her..

 The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close till she's gone.

 I'll never know what she's running from..

 ''I love you..''

-Frank Miller





No comments:

Post a Comment